Friday, July 24, 2009

To Play or Not to Play

I was starting to get know this certain guy. He was cool, seemed to be. He was from my part of Indian Country. He knew what my reservation was all about. Friends with my family. And then, after about a month of just texting and he tells me not to get “attached.” He has been hurt before and isn’t looking to getting into a relationship. Ohh.kay.

For one, I hate that he assumed that I wanted a relationship with him. He never made me laugh and the conversation was never deep. I am looking for that type of guy.
For two, I hate that even if he had been hurt before he was not brave enough to believe in love. It takes a real man to be hurt and believe again.
For three, I hate that he assumed that I would cheat on him like the others did. I have never cheated in the eleven years I have been in relationships but then it made me question, what he thought of himself since he already assumed I would be so disappointed in him I would cheat on him.

The outcome then leads to me to this: He assumed I would play around on him if we were together. And if he assumed that and never took our relationship seriously, then why wouldn’t I play? I would be looking for someone that would take me seriously. But, if I was not to play and he would just ruin the relationship thinking that I was. It was an ugly circle that I got out of ASAP. It would have made me someone that I was not.

People really do get what they are looking for and I wish him the best. I maybe holding out for an extremely long time for someone to make me laugh but I know I will get what I am looking for.

No comments: